Frequently Asked Questions
If we haven't answered your question below, please reach out to us at email@example.com
At ezpz we are focused on thoughtful, functional, quality design. As such, each product is designed by our Pediatric Feeding Specialist (M.S, CCC-SLP) for a specific phase of development. Learn more about why we are different, plus more on our in-house Pediatric Feeding Specialist + Product Designer here.
"ezpz understands the challenges parents face at mealtime, and we provide the tools to support a safe and positive feeding experience - from baby's first foods to feeding independence."
- Lindsey Laurain, ezpz Founder
ezpz's mat-based products, cups and Tiny Spoons are made from 100% food-safe silicone that is 3rd-party quality tested (FDA approved + CPSC certified).
Why is silicone so great?
- Microwave, dishwasher and oven safe (up to 350 degrees)
- Free of BPA, BPF, BPS, PVC, lead, cadmium and phthalates
- Non-porous surface helps inhibit bacterial growth
- Built to last; bendable and flexible and doesn't fade or corrode
- Made from the natural resources sand (silica) and carbon
- Soft, flexible texture protects baby's emerging teeth + tender gums (as compared to metal, glass or plastic)
ezpz's Mini and Happy Utensils are made from food-safe silicone and nylon. The sturdy nylon head helps your toddler / preschooler practice important skills like piercing, scooping, spreading and cutting. Like silicone, nylon doesn't contain any toxins including BPA, BPF, BPS, PVC, lead, cadmium and phthalates.
You can learn more about our ezpz's testing and compliance process here.
All of ezpz's mat-based products provide a stable base for your little one to practice fine motor skills like the pincer grasp and hand-to-mouth movements. The self-sealing mat also helps infants, toddlers and preschoolers work on utensil skills such as dipping, scooping, piercing and cutting. Here is the volume + age recommendation by product:
Tiny Bowl - 5 oz (4+ months)
All of ezpz's mealtime accessories are based on developmental stages. Guidelines are below:
Tiny Spoon - helps infants to practice the self-feeding skills of dipping and scooping (4+ months)
Tiny Cup - helps infants transition from bottle to cup and/or introduce open cup drinking (4+ months)
Mini Utensils - helps toddler learn how to eat with a spoon (scoop) and fork (pierce) (12+ months)
Mini Cup + Straw - teaches toddlers to drink more ounces from an open cup and safely learn to use a straw (9+ months)
There are a few developmental tips to consider when choosing between a sippy cup vs. a straw cup.
- A straw cup improves lip rounding, which is an essential movement for drinking and swallowing (and also for speech and language development). ezpz's straw has sensory bumps on the ‘training side’ of the straw to provide tactile input to help children understand (and feel) precisely where their lips need to be.
- Straw cups improve tongue elevation and oral motor coordination. These movements help to improve your child’s swallowing skills and promote an appropriate resting position of the tongue.
- The Mini Cup + Straw Training System keeps the lips toward the front of the straw to protect teeth alignment. Proper lip placement on a straw will decrease tongue suckling and avoid any pressure that could negatively impact teeth development.
In summary, ezpz's straw cups can help improve your child’s development, whereas a sippy cup may delay development. Learn more on our blog here.
Yes, we are the original and you can read our story here. ezpz's patented Happy Mat was designed by ezpz’s founder, Lindsey Laurain. As we have expanded our portfolio, the design process has incorporated our in-house Pediatric Feeding Specialist, rigorous testing and a commitment to creating all types of gear that will help your little one achieve mealtime milestones.
Yes! As long as air can't get underneath the mat, all ezpz mats are self-sealing and cannot be released by pulling on the plate or bowl. This includes wood, laminate, stone and glass surfaces.
Important note - if you have a tiled or wood surface that has holes, divots or fractures the seal will not work as well. Also, it is critical that the back of the mat is clean and free of lint and dust. To release the mat, simply peel the outer edge.
All of our mat dimensions are detailed below. We recommend taking measurements of your tray prior to placing your order.
At 9" wide and 6.5" tall, the Tiny Bowl is designed to fit on the tiniest of highchair trays, including the Stokke Tripp Trapp and Boon Flair trays.
At 10.75" wide and 7.75" tall the Mini Mat is designed to fit on most highchair trays (even 'space saver' models). The Mini Mat does not fit on the following highchair trays: the Stokke Tripp Trapp, the Boon Flair, the Nuna Zaaz, the Keekaroo, the Ingenuity ChairMate (Easton), the Safety 1st Beaumont, and the Abiie Beyond Wooden Highchair. The high-gloss finish of the Oxo Sprout Highchair hinders the Mini Mat's suction feature.
At 8.5" wide and 7" tall, the Mini Bowl is designed to fit on most highchair trays (even 'space saver' models). The Mini Bowl does not fit on the Stokke Tripp Trapp or the Boon Flair tray.
At 14" wide and 9" tall the Happy Mat does not fit on most highchair trays. We recommend removing the tray and pushing your highchair up to the table so the whole family can enjoy mealtime together.
At 10.25" wide and 8.75" tall the Happy Bowl will most likely fit on your highchair tray. If you have a 'space saver' model the Happy Bowl will not fit.
Cleaning & Care
All of ezpz's mat-based products are dishwasher, microwave and oven-safe (up to 350 degrees). ezpz cups and utensils are dishwasher-safe (only).
*Note - please do not boil, sanitize or microwave any of ezpz's utensils.
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your ezpz items! All of our products are tested by an independent 3rd party laboratory and comply with all applicable CPSC and FDA regulations and standards (including dishwasher safety). That said; we have heard about this issue and have the following recommendations:
- Clean your item(s) with warm, soapy water instead of the dishwasher; we recommend using unscented, non-oily soaps and detergents. Dish soaps that contain essential oils, antibacterial agents and moisturizers stick to silicone and can leave a soapy after-taste.
- Use the steam and dry settings on your dishwasher and ensure that there is enough distance between the item(s). Space will allow the dishwasher to clean the detergent thoroughly.
- Use gel pods or liquid dish detergent over powder. Also consider adding white vinegar or a non-toxic rinse aid to your wash cycle to reduce mineral build-up.
- For soap residue or water spots (which are most likely mineral deposits from hard water), you can wipe or soak the item(s) with white vinegar and baking soda (1:2 ratio).
- Baking the mat at 275 degrees for about 45 minutes may also help inactivate the soap esters causing the smell. Note - this recommendation is only for mats; smaller items (cups, utensils, etc.) should not be placed in the oven.
If you are still having issues please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, we have a few items for mealtime clean-up (plus more on the way!).
- The Mushroom Sponge is a hypo-allergenic, odor-resistant sponge that is perfect for washing ezpz products, dishes, cookware and feeding gear.
- The Drying Rack was designed to help dry + store all of your essential baby / toddler gear. The chic design can be proudly displayed on your counter!
- The BapronBaby® Splash Mat is a lightweight, waterproof mat that is 45 inches in diameter and designed to catch splashes and spills.
You can learn more about how ezpz makes clean-up, well, ezpz here.